Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sunday Night Potlucks

So Chris and I have been hosting potlucks after church on Sundays. This last Sunday I was extremely inspired and baked a pumpkin spice cake with vanilla glaze and cooked up a crock pot full of chili. I had been dropping hints to Chris about how I wanted a crock pot. In actuality they were more like blatant statements like "I really want a crock pot." None the less Chris found one on Craig's list for me and I came home to it after work earlier last week. All in all I think both were a success. I used my crock pot (thank you Chris), my bunt cake pan (thank you Mona Purcell), and my cake plate (thank you Grandma and Grandpa).

The finished pumpkin spice cake

Our $10 craigslist find, the bunt pan, and half eaten cake.

2 comments:

Gail said...

It's so fun to see you enjoy married life and hospitality. The cake looks wonderful!

bekah said...

Way to blog about your baking/cooking adventures...I vote for more of that! wish I could have enjoyed a piece with you over coffee!